PURPOSE/SCOPE OF POSITION:
The Account Executive will act as a “Team Lead” in its assigned accounts by managing all account activities, directing product business to the Product/Renewal team, services business to the solution architects and engaging the solution architects in promoting Patriot’s offerings in the three primary practice areas; Mobility, Cloud and Compliance. The Account Executive is responsible for establishing and maintaining profitable relationships with customers and vendor partners on behalf of the company, actively prospecting for new accounts and maximizing sales potential with existing customers of an assigned territory. The Account Executive is the primary external representative of the company and must demonstrate a thorough knowledge of and be able to communicate Patriot’s offerings.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
Sales goals and quotas (50%): Leads and coordinates sales team efforts in assigned accounts that achieve agreed upon sales goals and quotas as set in annual compensation plan by providing weekly forecasts, maintaining regular and timely communication with the sales team (Product/Renewal team, Solution architects and Business development). Optimizes sales and profits by managing assigned territory in a manner that limits company expenses.
Territory Management (30%): Develops and executes effective business plan within assigned territory by attending regular meetings with existing customer accounts, new customer prospects, vendor partners, and the use of provided sales tools to identify solution opportunities in the three primary practice areas; Mobility, Cloud and Compliance as well as directs product opportunities to the Product/Renewal sales group. Conducts customer presentations articulating Patriot’s value proposition to include solutions capabilities. Timely follows up on leads from Product/Renewal team, value added activities and/or marketing activities. Effectively determines, communicates and manages pricing strategies and responses to customer request for quotes (RFQ) and requests for proposals (RFP) with all Patriot resources and vendor partners to ensure timely submission and win strategy with maximum profit margin. Effectively manages assigned territories by utilizing provided sales tools (CRM and ERP) to ensure timely and accurate documentation of Forecast/Pipeline, customer activity records (conference calls, appointments) and opportunities on a daily basis.
Vendor relations (10%): Maintains mutually beneficial relationships with technology partners (vendors, system integrators, resellers and teaming partners) through strategy sessions, call out campaigns and joint sales calls.
Industry knowledge (10%): Maintains a comprehensive understanding of the security industry and applicable industry standards as well as the capabilities and technology of our vendors and partners through participation in vendor training sessions, technology forums, trade shows and publications. Has a thorough understanding of Patriot’s three major practice areas; Mobility, Cloud and Compliance and can effectively relate this knowledge to the needs and requirements of the designated territory.
Education and/or Experience:
Bachelor’s degree or equivalent relevant work experience
Experience with territory management
10 years of outside sales experience with enterprise information technology, cybersecurity products and services with a proven history of meeting and exceeding sales quotas within assigned territory
Licensure and/or Certifications:
Minimum of three sales certification with Patriot’s Tier One Partners within 12 months of hire, transfer or promotion
- Understanding of the sales process
- Strong prospecting and pipeline building skills
- Understanding of Federal Government procurement process to include knowledge of contract vehicles and FAR regulations
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work in a team environment
- Proficiency with MS Office applications
- Quote and obtain data from Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) system
- Professionally and effectively communicate; both verbal and written at all levels within the organization
- Develop relationships with all levels of an organization/agency.
- Organized, and able to effectively manage multiple projects at once
- Self-starter, able to work independently with minimum supervision
- Maintain complete confidentiality of sensitive information.
- Communicate presentations to customers
- Must learn and utilize Saleforce.com within 90 days of training
ADDITIONAL REQUIREMENTS OF THIS POSITION:
- US Citizenship required
- Must adhere to Patriot’s Quality Management System requirements
- Duties are performed at the office location typically from Monday – Friday 8:00AM – 5:00PM if not attending meetings at alternate locations
- May be required to work additional hours at month end/quarter end to support business objectives
- Limited availability to take time off during peak business cycles (i.e. month-end, quarter end, ) to support business objectives
- Ability to obtain and maintain a government security clearance
- Ability to maintain valid driver’s license issued within the United States and proof of personal liability insurance (applicable for mileage reimbursement or auto allowance)
- Moderate travel required to accommodate account coverage
This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required by the employee. Percentage weights of essential job functions may vary.